College joins #SwitchUpYourLunch for second year
The catering team served an exclusively vegan lunch in the college dining room for the second year as part of this initiative spearheaded by Good Food Oxford. In Oxfordshire, food makes up a staggering 43% of the ecological footprint – more than transport or energy – and eating large amounts of meat and dairy products significantly contributes to greenhouse gas emissions, as well as requiring more freshwater and land.
- Plant based vegan chilli with rice,taco shell and guacamole
- Mushroom stroganoff with rice
- Grilled vegetables with polenta and vegan pesto
- Vegan asparagus tart
- Vegan baby carrot and onion chutney tart
- Vegan mushroom pate and toast
- Red pepper hummus and crudité
- Hot-veg samosas with sweet chilli sauce
- Green salad
- Potato salad
- Cous cous
- Roast mushroom with sriracha vegan mayo,rocket and crispy onions
- Falafel with pickled carrot and hummus
- Tandoori seitan
- Vegan brownies
- Vegan forest fruit granola
- Fruit salad
- Vegan chocolate mousse
View this post on Instagram
Our commitment to sustainability
Green Templeton is committed to working collectively for a sustainable future.
Our catering team already lead on sustainable initiatives including Meat-Free Mondays. As part of doing our bit to combat climate change, conserve resources and improve health, the kitchen have one plant-based day each week, which means a range of tasty vegetarian and vegan dishes to fuel you through the day!
The team also use local food suppliers, and choose Fairtrade sugar, bananas, tea, coffee, chocolate and biscuits for conferences and events. Excess food from the kitchen is delivered to local food banks across Oxford.
Find out more about Green Templeton’s sustainability efforts and achievements.