The following events took place during the 2020-21 academic year. Details of future events will be shared on the main Health and Care Studies Seminar page.
Thursday 21 May 2020
Professor Mary Daly, Governing Body Fellow, Green Templeton College and Professor of Sociology and Social Policy at the Department of Social Policy and Intervention, University of Oxford.
- Report: ‘COVID-19 and care homes: what went wrong and why?’
- Watch a video of the ‘COVID-19 and care homes’ event (YouTube)
- View presentation slides for ‘COVID-19 and care homes’ (Powerpoint)
Innovation in home care
Thursday 21 November 2019
- Dr Cate Goodlad, Research Associate, Centre for International Research on Care, Labour & Equalities, University of Sheffield
- Dr Kate Hamblin, Co-Investigator, Sustainable Care Research Fellow, Centre for International Research on Care, Labour & Equalities, University of Sheffield
- Dr Karla Zimpel-Leal, UKRI Innovation Fellow, Centre for International Research on Care, Labour & Equalities, University of Sheffield
- Report: ‘Innovation in home care’
- View presentation slides for ‘Innovation in home care’ (Powerpoint)
Sir John Hanson Memorial Lecture 2019 – Challenges of implementing an ethic of care in law and social policy
Thursday 17 October 2019
Professor Jonathan Herring, DM Wolfe-Clarendon Fellow in Law, Exeter College, University of Oxford.
Video consultations in healthcare: examples from the US and the UK
Tuesday 3 March, 14:00-16:00
- Dr Jennifer Fang, Assistant Professor of Paediatrics, Consultant Neonatologist, Mayo Clinic,
- Ed Percy, VP EMEA, InTouch Health
- Dr Harpreet Sood, practicing NHS doctor and Health Education England, previously NHS England’s Associate Chief Clinical Information Officer
- Professor Sara Shaw, Dr Joe Wherton and Dr Lucas Seuren, Interdisciplinary Research in Health Sciences (IRIHS) group, Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford.
The Green Templeton College Health & Care Initiative along with Digital Health Oxford (DHOx), hosted a series of talks on video consultations, bringing together learning from different clinical areas.